Our team at Access to Better Communication is always looking for new resources, websites, and online information to help our families. To learn more, simply click on the links below and you’ll be automatically taken to the referenced information.
If you have any other helpful resources that you’d like to recommend, please send us an email!
Helpful Websites & Resources
- American Speech Language Hearing Association – The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) is the professional, scientific, and credentialing association for more than 150,000 members and affiliates who are audiologists, speech-language pathologists and speech, language, and hearing scientists.
- Speech Language Insurance Coverage – What Parents Need to Know
- http://www.asha.org/public/speech/development/Pragmatics – A child may pronounce words clearly, have a large vocabulary, use long, complex sentences and correct grammar, and still have a communication problem – if he or she has not mastered the rules for appropriate social language known as pragmatics (often referred to as “social skills).
- Online Directory of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
- Self-Help Groups for Speech, Language, and Swallowing Disorders
- United States Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Speaking Freely: Empowering Speech Therapy Apps
- 10 Tips for Selecting Toys for Your Speech Delayed Child
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- American Academy of Audiology – Resources for Kids & Teens
- Rights for Those with Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss Association of America
- Career Assistance for Deaf and Hearing Impaired
- Sesame Autism Resources for Parents
- Moving with Special Needs Kids
- Reduce the Noise: Help Loved Ones with Sensory Overload Enjoy Shopping
- Sensory Processing Resources
- Home Modifications for Special Needs Kids
- Estate Planning for Special Needs Kids
Posted in:Leave a Comment (0) →